Frequently Asked Questions
How do I make an Appointment?
Dr .Borude consults at following locations:
To make an appointment call
· (08) 93709329 for SJOG Hospital Mount Lawley hospital location
· (08) 9497 1900 for Forrest Road GP Practice Armadale location
· (08)93083390 for Primary IVF Craigie location (only IVF Patients)
Do I need a referral?
If you are a Medicare card holder and wish to claim a rebate from Medicare it is required to have a referral from either your GP or another specialist. Gp referral is preferred as it lasts 12 months , whereas a specialist referral is valid for 3 months only.
Patients who do not wish to claim Medicare benefits or do not have Medicare do not need a referral.
I’m on my period. Should I reschedule my appointment?
No, as long as you are comfortable with it .
How long will I have to wait for my first appointment?
Most often appointments can be scheduled within 2 weeks.
Do I need to be in a private health fund to see Dr. Borude?
No. Health Insurance unfortunately does not cover the costs of out of hospital expenses. But the advantage of having private health fund is that it may cover in hospital costs if you need any surgery.
What should I bring to my first consult?
- Medicare card
- A referral from your General Practitioner
- Any medications you are currently taking
- Any surgery reports you have that may be related to your current problem
- All reports available which have been done for both you and your partner for infertility patients .
Can you claim medicare on my behalf?
Yes, we will submit your claim to Medicare on your behalf. To be eligible, you will need to have your Medicare card, a valid referral letter and a cheque or savings card which we can swipe into the eftpos machine.
Do you have Eftpos facility?
For your convenience we accept EFTPOS transactions by all major debit and credit cards as well as cash.
What do I need to do before my surgery?
Dr.Borude will discuss pre and post-surgery instructions in detail with you .